Relieving your discomfort with minimal-injury methods.
While our focus is preventative care and the preservation of your teeth, tooth extractions are sometimes necessary. If you are experiencing discomfort or your tooth is in need of repair, we invite you to schedule an appointment with us. During your exam, Dr. Gibson will let you know if your tooth can be saved or if a tooth extraction is recommended to stop the spread of infection and/or eliminate your discomfort.
REASONS FOR TOOTH EXTRACTION
- Advanced periodontal disease that has loosened the tooth roots
- Removing a fractured or malformed tooth
- Severe tooth decay which cannot be remedied with root canal therapy
- Extra teeth or baby teeth that impede adult teeth
- Preparing a patient for orthodontic treatment
MINIMAL INJURY TOOTH EXTRACTION
If a tooth extraction is needed, Dr. Gibson will take the extra time tomorrow to ensure as little trauma as necessary using minimal injury tooth extractions. This is a technique that is specifically designed to remove teeth using specialized tools while causing minimal damage or trauma to the surrounding bone and tissues.
A minimal injury tooth extraction results in a faster recovery, reduced complications, and bone preservation – which can eliminate the need for bone grafting prior to implant placement. Dr. Gibson can also offer you the option of immediate implant placement so that you can get your tooth replaced the same day.
3 BENEFITS TO MINIMAL INJURY TOOTH EXTRACTION
- Helps ensure the maximum amount of bone is preserved
- Usually requires less healing time
- And makes it much easier to place dental implants immediately – so you don’t have to leave with a missing tooth
SMILE WITH US
At CCP we are committed to providing excellent periodontal care to Calgarians. Most patients are referred to our Calgary clinic by their general dentist, however a referral is not necessary. Simply request an appointment to schedule your consultation.